Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #9-Useful Library Blogs

I began my search among the millions of blogs at Google Blog Search entering Library2Play in the search box. I was immediately "greeted" with blog updates from many of my classmates. Angie was the first one I saw. :) When I went to Blogline and entered the same search term, I didn't see anything that related to our class. There was a post by someone with library in their name who was basically writing about the death of her baby brother. There were not any relevant hits on the first several pages of the search. At that point I gave up looking, it seemed not worth my time to search any more.

There are several wonderful librarians out there blogging away enlightening the minds of many. I went to Edublogs' award winners and typed in librarians and a "slew" of bloggers popped up. Many of them we have discussed in class such as Doug Johnson (The Blue Skunk) and Joyce Valencia from SLJ. I tried Syndic8.com but the layout just drove me away. There is so much potential for blogging in the classroom. Thanks to all my classmates who created blog lessons for our midterm.

No comments:

Post a Comment