Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #2 Lifelong Learners

It doesn't matter if you are a "kinder" or a "senior" learning is as essential as breathing. We are constantly learning new skills or acquiring new information. Learning doesn't have to take place in a formal classroom setting; it can occur on a private beach while you are reading a book or in a theater filled with hundreds of others watching a movie. As a life long learner we must make a paradigm shift and break out of the "classroom" learning through playing games, cooking, acting, manipulating new instruments, and of course, READING.

According to the tutorial at http://www.plcmc.org/public/learning/player.html there are 7 1/2 habits of life long learners. I probably utilize habit 1: Begin with the end in mind quite a bit, but I don't seem to follow all the way through at times because I often get overwhelmed by the magnitude of my ambitions. YIKES. I need to work on modifying my goals and making the journey to the goal a little shorter.... no butterflies to distract me.

No comments:

Post a Comment