Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #10- Online Image Generator

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more I have spent the past two evenings PLAYING with various online generators. They are too much fun! On Custom Sign Generator you can take your photos and input "shoutouts" onto them or you can use the photo and make a fake magazine cover. I remember seeing those booths at fairs and 'Vegas and wanting to make a fake magazine cover but I always look dead by the time I make it to the booth and I was not going to spend my money on a lousy looking picture. Now, I can choose my favorite pictures and create my own magazine cover for FREE!!!!! What a great way to make Mother Day's gifts with student pictures. I can see students going crazy over this. I also spent quite a bit of time at Image Chef playing around with all the different applications offered on the site. I finally decided to create a wanted poster of my niece and nephew that I took on our trip to San Antonio earlier this summer. Image Chef also has word clouds that you can create in various shapes. Big Huge Labs is just totally awesome! I love the trading card generator! I think using these wonderful sites will help get kids interested in technology as well as cause them to focus more readily on the lessons in class since they never know when they will get to use these applications. Below are some of the sites we visited in Learning2Play this semester. (Thanks Dr. Bishop!)

2 comments:

  1. Love your Wanted Poster..so cute! I must have missed that when I went through. I think I made just about everything else. I'm glad you found it so now I can go play some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T- do you know if these sites are unblocked from school district? I could really use some good sites---new ones like these---for my after schoolers....

    ReplyDelete