Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #22 Nings

Ning is a social networking tool that allows you to collaborate with people interested in many of the same things you are. Nings are very specific such as Teacher Librarian Ning. They are basically for social networking and exchanging ideas. Videos, photos, as well as, discussion forums. Let the idea sharing begin!

I signed up for Teacher Librarian Ning but I am not sure how often I will frequent the site. Part of it relies on my schedule and what my specific needs are at the moment. I will probably check it out every couple of weeks, but will rely on my tried and true networking right now. I will definitely need to explore more, since I want to feel completely comfortable with the site before I "live" on the site. It will be benificial for bouncing ideas off of others, as well as, finding pictures and videos that relate to the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a coincidence! We just learned about Nings at our 21st Century conference in Dallas last week! Let me know what you think, and in the meantime, I will probably check it out, once i get all caught up reading your blog! Not enough free time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel,
    I have visited the Nings site a couple of times and am finding some things really cool. You know I will blabber all about it when I find something super cool to share. I just can't keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete